The benefits of digital dental x-rays
When you visit the dentist, you often need a mouth x-ray to evaluate the smile. This imaging process allows a dentist to diagnose issues that might not be seen during a physical evaluation of the mouth. At Portland Dental, we offer digital dental radiography. Using digital dental radiography, you can get images of the teeth and bone without the hazards of traditional dental x-rays.
What are the benefits of digital dental x-rays versus traditional x-ray imaging methods?
Drs. Kaveendra Ranasinghe and Cameron Schwab are pleased to have invested in the technology needed to achieve a healthy smile. Below are some of the advantages of digital dental radiography:
- Reduced radiation exposure. Digital dental x-rays use considerably less radiation than traditional film-based x-ray techniques.
- Improved image quality. Digital dental radiography produces high-resolution images quickly and accurately, providing a more detailed diagnostic evaluation of the teeth and surrounding structures than traditional x-ray imaging methods.
- Increased patient comfort. Digital dental radiographs require virtually no physical contact with the patient’s mouth and are administered in one quick session instead of multiple visits for traditional x-rays. This makes the procedure more comfortable for patients anxious about visiting the dentist or undergoing an invasive procedure.
- Advanced diagnostics. Digital dental radiographs allow for more precise measurements and analysis of the teeth and comprehensive imaging of soft tissue structures such as the jawbone. This helps dentists diagnose dental problems faster and more accurately, leading to better treatment outcomes.
- Reduced environmental impact. Traditional film-based x-rays require chemical processing that creates hazardous waste, while digital radiography produces no hazardous waste and requires no chemicals or special handling.
- Improved cost savings. Digital x-ray systems are typically cheaper than traditional models, reducing patient and dentist costs. Additionally, time saved on processing images leads to a quicker diagnosis and treatment plan.
Learn more about digital dental x-rays with our Portland, Oregon, team!
Overall, digital dental radiography offers many advantages over traditional methods, making it the more desirable of the two at Portland Dental. If you live in the areas of Portland, Lake Oswego, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Pearl District, Sellwood, or Buckman, OR, and are ready to undergo an evaluation with our team, call us at (503) 221-8123 and visit our office at 511 SW 10th Avenue, Suite #1206.