Our passion is designing beautiful and comfortable smiles. We promise that health, comfort and function will be our top priorities when restoring your teeth. We offer a full variety of dental services to help you achieve and maintain a healthy and beautiful smile.
We are quite different from many dental practices because we believe in taking a comprehensive approach to your dental health. Dr. Fujii and Dr. Kaveen examines every aspect of your dental health —your teeth, gums and other soft tissue in your mouth, as well as your jaw and the way you bite. He also uses digital x-rays and intra oral cameras to get a set of highly detailed images of your teeth. Then, using our advanced computer technology, Portland Dentals team educates you about the health of your mouth so that you can co-diagnose the problems with the doctors and work together to meet your personal goals. Ultimately, our goal is to provide a solid foundation for your smile for excellent dental health throughout your entire life.
Dr. Fujii (or Gerry, as most of his friends call him) was born in Portland, OR and grew up in Hillsboro, OR. He went to Oregon State University and then on to Oregon Health & Science University for Dental School. He is a former president of the Southern Willamette Dental Society and an active member of the Mid Willamette Valley Study Club, Academy of General Dentistry, Oregon Dental Association, and American Dental Association. Dr. Fujii has been a lifelong Beaver fan and enjoys attending sporting events in Corvallis. His spare time is filled with waterskiing, basketball, golf, and a love for the Portland Trail Blazers with his wife Peggy.
Kaveendra T. Ranasinghe, DMD
Kaveen is an Oregon native living in the Portland area most of his life. After graduating from Sunset High School, he completed his undergraduate studies at Oregon State University, and then earned his doctorate at OHSU School of Dentistry in 2015. He has practiced in Woodburn and Milwaukie and is now very excited to join Dr. Fujii and the Portland Dental team to serve you!
The best part of Dr. Kaveen’s job is taking the time to listen to your needs and treatment desires. After completing an oral cancer screening and comprehensive exam, he will educate you on all of your options and incorporate your priorities into a tailored plan to achieve your desired result. Answering your questions and allaying all of your concerns are of the utmost importance to Dr. Kaveen to ensure our entire team is on the same page as you.
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Kaveen loves cooking, playing the guitar, running and going to the gym, enjoying the amazing Portland food scene, and thinking about golfing. He carries his golf clubs in the back of his car all the time hoping to find a great opportunity to finally take a swing.
- What got you interested in dental? Helping patients overcome fears of the dentist and guide them in financial planning for the future, as well as watching our patients walk out with confidence — and smiling!
- What is your hobby? Traveling on short road trips, disc golf and playing with my three rescue kitties.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? The friendships that we develop with our co-workers and the close relationships we develop with our patients. Each one is a special individual.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? The food! I may have a simple palate, but whatever I crave throughout the day is an easy block or two away from the office.
- What got you interested in dental? My friend and volleyball teammate in college. After meeting the dental staff for the first time, I instantly became connected!
- What is your hobby? Playing volleyball, coaching high schoolers and karaoke.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? Building relationships with patients and seeing them leave with a positive and happy experience.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? FOOD CARTS!
- What got you interested in dental? I’ve always enjoyed health sciences, people and personable one-on-one time with patients.
- What is your hobby? Spending time with family, camping, hiking, boating, rock hunting and swimming.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? The staff. They are like family to me!
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? Just getting outside. I love that you can be outside all year.
- What got you interested in dental? I have always been one of the “weirdos” that loves the dentist! Teeth are so much more than just a beautiful smile!
- What is your hobby? I love snowboarding and running.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? I love my amazing co-workers, doctors and patients. The view isn’t bad either!
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? I prefer getting outside the city to enjoy nature and the outdoors.
- What got you interested in dental? I had quite a bit of dental treatment done as a child, so I wanted to help others through the fear and anxiety. So glad I did!
- What is your hobby? Playing sports with my kids, coaching and supporting them.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? It’s a family — we are a true work family who cares.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? Trying new restaurants, food carts and listening to live music.
- What got you interested in dental? I went to a career fair in high school and found it interesting.
- What is your hobby? I love hiking and traveling. Thailand and Bali are my favorite places!
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? Everyone has a great time together, and we love our patients.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? The endless food here!