Meet the Doctors
Our passion is designing beautiful and comfortable smiles. We promise that health, comfort and function will be our top priorities when restoring your teeth. We offer a full variety of dental services to help you achieve and maintain a healthy and beautiful smile.
We are quite different from many dental practices because we believe in taking a comprehensive approach to your dental health. Dr. Fujii and Dr. Kaveen examines every aspect of your dental health —your teeth, gums and other soft tissue in your mouth, as well as your jaw and the way you bite. He also uses digital x-rays and intra oral cameras to get a set of highly detailed images of your teeth. Then, using our advanced computer technology, Portland Dentals team educates you about the health of your mouth so that you can co-diagnose the problems with the doctors and work together to meet your personal goals. Ultimately, our goal is to provide a solid foundation for your smile for excellent dental health throughout your entire life.
Dr. Fujii (or Gerry, as most of his friends call him) was born in Portland, OR and grew up in Hillsboro, OR. He went to Oregon State University and then on to Oregon Health & Science University for Dental School. He is a former president of the Southern Willamette Dental Society and an active member of the Mid Willamette Valley Study Club, Academy of General Dentistry, Oregon Dental Association, and American Dental Association®. Dr. Fujii has been a lifelong Beaver fan and enjoys attending sporting events in Corvallis. His spare time is filled with waterskiing, basketball, golf, and a love for the Portland Trail Blazers with his wife Peggy.
Kaveendra T. Ranasinghe, DMD
Dr. Kaveen (as he likes to be called), is an Oregon native, and he grew up in the Beaverton area. He went to Oregon State University, where he shadowed local dentists his junior year. It was during that time he discovered that dentistry is a perfect mix of healthcare, science and artistry. Dr. Kaveen then attended Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry. Being able to positively impact patients’ lives and overall health has been such a fulfilling position to be in. He is an active member of the AGD, ODA, ADA and American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and has completed hundreds of hours of continuing education with a particular focus in areas of implant surgery, cosmetic dentistry and Invisalign® treatment. Outside of work, Dr. Kaveen enjoys running, trying to golf, cooking, playing music, and hanging out with his family and friends. He is married to his beautiful wife, Brittany, whom he met in dental school, and they have a very handsome little boy together, Kris.
Meet the Fantastic Hygiene Team
- What got you interested in dental? I’ve always enjoyed health sciences, people and personable one-on-one time with patients.
- What is your hobby? Spending time with family, camping, hiking, boating, rock hunting and swimming.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? The staff. They are like family to me!
- What got you interested in dental? I have always been one of the “weirdos” that loves the dentist! Teeth are so much more than just a beautiful smile!
- What is your hobby? I love snowboarding and running.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? I love my amazing co-workers, doctors and patients. The view isn’t bad either!
- What got you interested in dental? I love helping people achieve healthy smiles and giving people the satisfaction of their own, personal smile. Every day, I know that I’m making a positive impact on someone, one patient at a time. At the end of each day, I feel like I’ve really helped someone become closer to achieving their dream smile as well as maintaining their overall health.
- What is your hobby? I enjoy the outdoors, especially in the summer. I grew up in Hawaii so I like to explore Oregon by going on hikes to the many lakes and visiting all the tourist sites. I also love spending quality time with friends and family.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? I love the patients, my coworkers and the doctors. I really get to connect and meet so many different people and personalities. I feel we work so well together which makes working so easy. I am very lucky to have my team.
Meet the Fantastic Administration Team
Check back soon to meet Kim!
- What got you interested in dental? I have always been interested in the transformation of patient smiles and helping people overcome their fear of dentistry. I was a dental assistant first until a major back injury took me away from chairside. I am so grateful to be able to still be in this field.
- What is your hobby? I love to cooking and canning. I love fishing and hiking and, of course, spending time with my kiddos doing all of those things.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? The dedication of the staff. This team cares about the patients as people; you are not just a patient. Also, I cannot forget about the views!
Meet the Fantastic Dental Assistant Team
Lead Registered Dental Assistant, Expanded Functions
- What got you interested in dental? I had quite a bit of dental treatment done as a child, so I wanted to help others through the fear and anxiety. So glad I did!
- What is your hobby? Playing sports with my kids, coaching and supporting them.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? It’s a family — we are a true work family who cares.
Assistant Lead Registered Dental Assistant, Expanded Functions
- What got you interested in dental? While I grew up in the Portland area, I was fortunate to have wonderful dental care. That experience inspired me to join the dental field. To be able to continue to share with others how great it really is to provide excellent dental care for the patients and their families is an honor.
- What is your hobby? I love to enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest. My family and I enjoy everything from boating on the Columbia River to exploring Central Oregon and appreciating the beautiful wonders of Mount Hood while snowboarding.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? I love working at Portland Dental because the team makes you feel like family while providing excellent care for their patients.
Registered Dental Assistant, Expanded Functions
- What got you interested in dental? I have gone through a lot of dental work in my youth and wished someone would have educated me sooner about the importance of good oral health. I enjoy both learning and educating. Dental is the best of both worlds.
- What is your hobby? Running, reading and yoga.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? The team here really does provide exceptional care and service to our amazing patients. It’s great to be part of such a talented, kind and caring team.