Our passion is designing beautiful and comfortable smiles. We promise that health, comfort and function will be our top priorities when restoring your teeth. We offer a full variety of dental services to help you achieve and maintain a healthy and beautiful smile.
We are quite different from many dental practices because we believe in taking a comprehensive approach to your dental health. Dr. Kaveen examines every aspect of your dental health —your teeth, gums and other soft tissue in your mouth, as well as your jaw and the way you bite. He also uses digital x-rays and intra oral cameras to get a set of highly detailed images of your teeth. Then, using our advanced computer technology, Portland Dentals team educates you about the health of your mouth so that you can co-diagnose the problems with the doctors and work together to meet your personal goals. Ultimately, our goal is to provide a solid foundation for your smile for excellent dental health throughout your entire life.
Dr. Kaveendra T. Ranasinghe, DMD
Dr. Kaveen (as he likes to be called), is an Oregon native, and he grew up in the Beaverton area. He went to Oregon State University, where he shadowed local dentists his junior year. It was during that time he discovered that dentistry is a perfect mix of healthcare, science and artistry. Dr. Kaveen then attended Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry. Being able to positively impact patients’ lives and overall health has been such a fulfilling position to be in. He is an active member of the AGD, ODA, ADA and American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and has completed hundreds of hours of continuing education with a particular focus in the areas of implant surgery, cosmetic dentistry and Invisalign® clear aligners. Outside of work, Dr. Kaveen enjoys running, trying to golf, cooking, playing music, and hanging out with his family and friends. He is married to his beautiful wife, Brittany, whom he met in dental school, and they have a very handsome little boy together, Kris.
- What got you interested in dental? Helping patients overcome fears of the dentist and guide them in financial planning for the future, as well as watching our patients walk out with confidence — and smiling!
- What is your hobby? Traveling on short road trips, disc golf and playing with my three rescue kitties.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? The friendships that we develop with our co-workers and the close relationships we develop with our patients. Each one is a special individual.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? The food! I may have a simple palate, but whatever I crave throughout the day is an easy block or two away from the office.
- What got you interested in dental? I\’ve always enjoyed health sciences, people and personable one-on-one time with patients.
- What is your hobby? Spending time with family, camping, hiking, boating, rock hunting and swimming.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? The staff. They are like family to me!
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? Just getting outside. I love that you can be outside all year.
- What got you interested in dental? I have always been one of the \”weirdos\” that loves the dentist! Teeth are so much more than just a beautiful smile!
- What is your hobby? I love snowboarding and running.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? I love my amazing co-workers, doctors and patients. The view isn\’t bad either!
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? I prefer getting outside the city to enjoy nature and the outdoors.
- What got you interested in dental? I had quite a bit of dental treatment done as a child, so I wanted to help others through the fear and anxiety. So glad I did!
- What is your hobby? Playing sports with my kids, coaching and supporting them.
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? It\’s a family — we are a true work family who cares.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? Trying new restaurants, food carts and listening to live music.
- What got you interested in dental? I went to a career fair in high school and found it interesting.
- What is your hobby? I love hiking and traveling. Thailand and Bali are my favorite places!
- What do you love most about working at Portland Dental? Everyone has a great time together, and we love our patients.
- What is your favorite thing to do in Portland? The endless food here!